Jan 8, 2010

Variations on a Theme Square #4

Square #4
Row 1: Ch 32, sc in second ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch--V-stitch made, ch 1, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), sc in center sp of first V-st, ch 2, dc in next sc, (ch 2, sc in center sp of next V-st, ch 2, dc in next sc) across, turn.

Row 3: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch 3), sc in next sc, ch 3, dc in next dc, (ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, dc in next dc) across, turn.

Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, (ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in next dc) across, turn.

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, (ch 1, V-st in next dc, ch 1, sc in next sc) across, turn.

Rows 6-16 or until piece is square, or almost square: Repeat rows 2-5, ending with row 2 or 4.

At end of last row, fasten off.

To make this stitch pattern any size, begin with ch multiple of 6 plus 2.

Click here for edging instructions.

6 comments:

The Dixon Chick said...

Wow! This one was posted early! Thanks, Carolyn!

Unknown said...

Wow bright and early this morning! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I love how fast we can make these! I might actually get something finished.heh.eh.eh.e

Sonya said...

Wow Carolyn, I am so excited about this Crochet-a-Long. I have long been a fan of your designs so I am positive that this is going to be one awesome afghan! I'm running behind and playing catch up as usual, but I'll be posting my squares as I catch up. I should be caught up by day 6. This is going to be so much fun. I posted this information on my blog to get the word out, I know a lot of people would hate to miss out on this.
Happy stitching everyone!

Netagene said...

I have yet to get started. Maybe tomorrow. But Carolyn, can you tell us about how many squares there will be in case we (me anyway) want to use all one color? When I find yarn I like on sale, I sometimes buy a bunch in case I want to do something all one color! I did added you to my blog (blindedbyinsight.blogspot.com) list and hope friends will see it!

Carolyn Christmas said...

Hi Netagene,
Truth be told I've been waffling between two ways of showing off these blocks and I've just today pretty much figured out my final plan. Either will be great, but one was just going to be too difficult with too much counting! So I decided to go for fun and will be posting tomorrow instructions for edging the blocks and how to make those secondary blocks. I should also be able to do the math and figure out yarn amounts for the whole thing in one color. Next time I'll have that figured out before-hand! It's the designer in me. I can't stop changing my mind lol. Sorry to put you late but if I know you you'll be caught up in no time!